IBM Cloud offers a VPN service for your account which you can use to access your dedicated IBM Cloud network. The VPN access is available from your browser using a Java applet, but is also available using a standalone VPN application for Windows, Linux, or macOS.
Unfortunately, I’ve found that the version 2.0 update of the MotionPro Plus application for macOS has broken my VPN access. Not only has it lost all of the passwords I had previously saved, but when I do enter my password and attempt to connect to the IBM Cloud, it immediately disconnects.
While we await a fix from Array Networks, it is possible to revert to an older version of MotionPro:
- View the macOS Launchpad and find the MotionPro+ icon
- Click and hold the icon until it begins to jiggle, then release. Note that this will delete your MotionPro configuration.
- Click the X to uninstall MotionPro+
- From the Array Networks support site, download the MacOS MotionPro client corresponding to AG-OS 188.8.131.52
- Open the disk image and run the MotionPro installer package within the image. The installer will also install some command line tools
- Recreate your MotionPro configuration
See also: managing SoftLayer VPN subnet access.