For awhile now I’ve been using a tool to block advertisements in my web browsing. Here’s how to install it:
- Do you use “Firefox” to surf the web? If not, I recommend it; you can get it here. This ad blocking tool only works with Firefox (though I understand there are ad blockers for other browsers).
- Once you have Firefox installed, visit Adblock Plus to install the ad blocker:
- Click on the “Install Adblock Plus” link.
- A bar will pop up indicating that the install was blocked.
- Click the “Options” button on the bar and enable installations for this website.
- Click on the “Install Adblock Plus” link again, then click on the “Install” button.
- When it asks you which blocking list to subscribe to, choose the “EasyList” blocking list. Once a week your computer will check this list to see if there are any new known ads to be blocked.
After you do this you should rarely see ads in Firefox.
4 thoughts on “Blocking ads”
Adblocking is such a great tool. It was the main reason I switched to firefox a couple years ago. When I work on a public computer, I am sometimes surprised to see ads because I forget what they are like.