It’s been awhile since I first posted sample IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions API calls. Since then, our offering has moved from NSX–V to NSX–T, and to vSphere 7.0. This results in some changes to the structure of the API calls you need to make for ordering instances, clusters, and hosts.
I’ve updated the sample ordering calls on Github. This includes the following changes:
- Migrate some of the utility APIs to version 2
- Send transaction ids with each request to aid in problem diagnosis
- Order NSX–T and vSphere 7.0 instead of NSX–V and vSphere 6.7
- Restructure some of the ordering code to order a concrete example instead of a random one
- Use the new price check parameter to obtain price estimates
- Ensure that the add–cluster path leverages an existing cluster’s location and VLANs